Tutanota Email Not Working - How To Fix Tutanota Email Problems?
Tutanota is a relatively new email service that is gaining a lot of new customers quite rapidly. The specialty of Tutanota email is its security features. All the emails on Tutanota are secured by an end to end encryption. In addition to this, the free version of Tutanota also offers 1 GB storage space without any extra cost. As the webmail service is very new, a lot of users have to face various problems in using it every now and then.
In case your Tutanota Email not working properly then this post is going to help you a lot. Here, we will discuss the possible reasons why are facing Tutanota issues. Furthermore, we will provide step by step details to resolve different problems related to the Tutanota Email service.
Why my Tutanota Email is not working properly?
It is very difficult to predict the exact reason why your Tutanota Email might not be working. However, you can check the common factors that are responsible for many Tutanota issues as given below:
- Internet Connectivity: Being a web-based service, a smooth and uninterrupted internet connection is required for Tutanota email to work properly. In case of Tutanota email not loading or loading very slowly, then the first thing you should check is your internet connection.
- Web browser compatibility: The browser you are using to run your Tutanota email account should be compatible. In case you try to open Tutanota on an incompatible browser then you might face a lot of errors and issues.
- Storage space left in Tutanota email account: With a free Tutanota email account, you get the storage space of 1 GB only. In case Tutanota not receiving emails then it is quite possible that you are running out of this storage space.
- Forgetting the password: Tutanota Email login issues are generally caused due to forgetting the correct password. In case you are sure that you remember the password then should make sure that the caps lock button is not pressed on your keyboard.
- Antivirus/ Firewall installed: The antivirus software and windows firewall can also block the Tutanota email account from loading properly.
- Browsers Extensions and Add-ons blocking Tutanota Email: It is recommended to add only the trusted extensions to your browser because third-party extensions can block Tutanota email from working properly.
- Your Tutanota account might be disabled: It is also possible that your email account might be disabled by Tutanota itself. Generally, Tutanota disables accounts of those users who violate the terms of services - https://tutanota.com/terms/.
Fix Tutanota Email not working on windows problem
The Tutanota email service is compatible with most of the popular browsers. However, in case Tutanota not working on Chrome or any other browser installed on your Windows PC then you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, make sure you are using Tutanota Email on a compatible web browser. This email service is readily compatible with the following browsers.
- Mozilla Firefox (Desktop Version only)
- Opera ( Both Desktop and Android Version)
- Google Chrome (Both Desktop and Android Version)
- Safari version 11.0 (Both iOS and Desktop version)
- Microsoft Edge (Desktop version only)
Note: Tutanota Email also works well on Internet Explorer 11. However, this browser is not supported officially.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the compatible browsers mentioned above and update the browser if you using an outdated one.
- Clear the data of your browser including cache, cookies and browsing history and try again.
- Remove all the 3rd party add-ons and extensions from the browser that can disrupt the working of Tutanota Email.
- If Tutanota Email still not working then you should try again after temporarily disabling the antivirus and windows firewall.
- Change the browser you are using and load Tutanota email once again.
- The Tutanota Email should work perfectly after following the above steps. For a better experience, you can also install Tutanota email client on your windows computer.
Tutanota Email not working on Android
As IMAP is not supported by Tutanota, you can only use it through the mobile web browsers only. Here are the steps that you should follow if Tutanota Email is not working on Android.
- The Android web browser you are using to load Tutanota must be a compatible one. Officially, only Google Chrome and Opera android web browsers are supported by Tutanota.
- Install all the updates of the mobile web browser on which you are loading Tutanota (if available).
- Clear your Android web browser’s cache as well as cookies.
- Check the storage space in your Android and make sure it is enough to use Tutanota Email easily.
- Make sure your Tutanota email is not blocked due to violation of terms and condition.
- Uninstall all such apps that can stop Tutanota Email website from load properly.
- Scan your Android using a good antivirus and make sure it is not infected.
- In case the problem continues then you should switch the browser or device.
How to Fix Tutanota not working on iPhone/ iPad?
As Tutanota doesn’t allow IMAP/ POP configuration, it is recommended to use the Tutanota web version through the Safari browser. If Tutanota Email not working on iOS through safari browser then you should check the steps given below:
- Make sure you are using an updated version of Safari browser in order to load Tutanota email.
- Clear the data of safari browser such the cache, cookies and browsing history.
- In case you have added plugins and extensions in your browser then you should disable them and load Tutanota email once again.
- Make sure there is enough space in your iOS device to run properly.
- Disable antivirus app temporarily and load Tutanota email once again.
- Finally, if the problem continues then you may switch the browser and try again.
Tutanota not working on Outlook
Please note that is not possible to setup Tutanota on Outlook because it doesn’t support IMAP protocols for different email clients. Instead, Tutanota has its own email client for Mac OS, Linux and Windows users.
How to reset Tutanota email password?
The process of resetting Tutanota Email password is different from most of the email services. To retrieve the password of your Tutanota password you need to enter the recovery code that you get at the time of creating the account.
- First of all, visit the Tutanota email login page i.e. https://mail.tutanota.com/login
- Expand the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page and select “Lost Account access”
- Enter your Tutanota email address and recovery code generated at the time of the creation of account.
- Click the “Edit” sign under the “Action” field and select “Set a new password”.
- If the details entered by you are correct then you will be asked to provide a new password for Tutanota email account.
- The Tutanota Email password recovery will conclude as soon as you provide your new password.
Tutanota not sending email
If you are not able to send email from your Tutanota Email account then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- A user can send up to 100 Tutanota emails in an hour. Make sure you haven’t crossed this limit.
- Ensure that the size of the file attached with your Tutanota email should not be bigger than 25 MB.
- Check your internet connection; it should be fast enough to send an email.
- Make sure you are not mistakenly blocked by your receiver.
- Contact your receivers and ask them to check their spam folder as it is possible that your email may land in the spam folder of your receivers.
Unable to receive Tutanota email
Follow the steps mentioned below in case your Tutanota Email account not receiving emails.
- Make sure there is enough space in your Tutanota email account for a new email.
- Check your internet connection and make sure it is fast & uninterrupted.
- Look for the emails in other folders within your Tutanota email account such as spam, draft etc.
- Check your filters and block list to make sure that you haven’t blocked the sender mistakenly.
- If nothing works then you should call your senders and confirm that the email is actually sent from their end.
- Try to send emails after loading Tutanota Email in another browser and see if this resolves the problem.