Roadrunner Email Not Working - How To Fix Roadrunner Problems?
Along with its high-speed Internet, Spectrum communications also provides a webmail service to its users with the name Roadrunner email. This webmail service is very reliable having all the necessary features that we expect from a good email service. Despite all the features, we still can’t say that Roadrunner webmail is absolutely flawless. There are many major and minor problems that can create a lot of troubles for its users.
Not being able to use your email account properly can be utterly frustrating especially if you are looking to send or receive an urgent email. This post can be very helpful for those users who are unable to use their Roadrunner email account properly. Here, we will discuss why your Roadrunner email not working and how you can fix it.
Why my Roadrunner email account is not working?
Like any other email service, Roadrunner is also susceptible to a large number of issues. The exact reason why your Roadrunner is not working depends upon the problem you are facing. Still, we have gathered some common factors responsible for a lot of Roadrunner email problems as given below:
- Roadrunner login issues: In order to use Roadrunner email, it is very important that you sign-in properly by entering your correct username and password. If you forgot Roadrunner email password that you need to run Roadrunner password recovery and reset it.
- Storage space in your RR email account is running out: A roadrunner email account comes with the limited storage space. In case you run out of this storage space then you may find yourself unable to receive email on Roadrunner.
- Using Roadrunner in a device that is not compatible: In case your roadrunner email not opening or loading properly then it is quite possible that the device on which you are using Roadrunner is not compatible.
- Browser compatibility of Roadrunner email: Along with the device, it is important that you use a compatible browser to load Roadrunner. The issues like Roadrunner email not responding, crashing etc. are generally related to the browser.
- Incorrect IMAP/ POP settings: If you prefer using Roadrunner on Outlook or any other email client then you have to enter the correct IMAP/ POP Settings. Incorrect POP/ IMAP settings can result in a lot of problems such as Roadrunner email not sending/ receiving emails etc.
- Email attachment Issue: The size and format of the files you are attaching with email can cause a lot of issues for the users. In case you are facing issues like Roadrunner email not sending then you should definitely check the attached file.
- Internet Connectivity: Well, this one is obvious, you need to have a good internet connection in order to use RR email properly.
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, some other possible factors are also responsible for Roadrunner problems such as storage space in device, antivirus installed in your PC etc.
What to do if Roadrunner Email not working on Windows?
Let’s move on to the Roadrunner email solutions for specific devices. We will start with a windows computer. In case your Roadrunner email not working on Chrome and any other browser on a windows computer then you should follow the steps given below:
- The first and foremost thing you need to ensure that you are using Roadrunner on a compatible browser. We recommend you to use only the renowned browsers for this purpose such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.
- If you are using a compatible browser and Roadrunner email still not working then you should clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- Sometimes, the extension and add-ons installed on your browser can also cause Roadrunner email issues. If the Roadrunner webmail not loading or opening properly then you should try again after disabling these extensions and add-ons.
- Similarly to the browser extensions, the antivirus software can also stop Roadrunner for running smoothly. In case the spectrum roadrunner isn’t opening then you may disable your antivirus and try again.
- If you are dealing with Roadrunner sign-in issues then you need to make sure that you are not entering the incorrect username or password.
- Make sure your Roadrunner email account has an ample amount of storage space. You may delete some old emails if the storage space is low.
- After following the steps mentioned above, you should be able to fix your Roadrunner email account. However, if the problem is still occurring then we recommend you to switch the browser or device.
Roadrunner Email stopped working on Android
You can use Roadrunner email on Android in two ways i.e. either by using a mobile browser or by settings it up using IMAP/ POP protocols. Here are the troubleshooting instructions by which you can fix Roadrunner email on an Android phone.
- If you are using the web version of Roadrunner email through a mobile browser.
- Make sure that the mobile browser on which you are using roadrunner email account is compatible.
- Outdated browsers can also be quite problematic. You should update your mobile browser immediately if an update is available.
- Try again after clearing the browser’s data including cache, cookies and search history.
- If you have any app installed on your android then can hinder Roadrunner emails for example antivirus then you should uninstall it.
- Try to load Roadrunner on any other mobile browser and see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
- In case configuring Roadrunner email on Android using POP/ IMAP settings.
- Recheck and make sure that the IMAP/ POP settings you are using to set up Roadrunner email on Android are correct.
- You may switch to IMAP settings if you are currently using POP settings and vice versa.
- Ensure that there is enough storage space left in your android device.
- In case Roadrunner email not running even after following all the steps given above then you should switch to another device and see the problem get fixed or not.
Roadrunner webmail not working on iPhone/ iPad
Similarly to the Android, you can use Roadrunner email on iPhone/ iPad either by using a web browser (Safari etc.) or by configuring it using IMAP/ POP. Let’s have a look at the troubleshooting steps for both the cases.
- Roadrunner email stopped working on Safari
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Safari browser.
- Load Roadrunner again after clearing browser data such as cache, cookies etc.
- Make sure there is no shortage of storage space on your iPhone.
- You may remove the antivirus app from your iPhone if the problem continues.
- Restart your iPad/ iPhone and load Roadrunner email on safari once again.
- Can’t use Roadrunner email on iOS devices using IMAP/ POP
- Check the Roadrunner email settings for iPhone and make sure you are entering the correct settings.
- Switch to POP from IMAP settings or vice versa if the Roadrunner email account is still not working.
- Confirm that there is an availability of sufficient storage space in your iOS device.
- Also disable the antivirus app as it can also block the iPhone from fetching emails from the Roadrunner server.
Important Note: To use Roadrunner email on a mobile phone (including Android/ iPhone), you should ensure that the phone is not on airplane mode.
How to fix Roadrunner not working on Outlook?
Many users prefer using Outlook in order to run and access Roadrunner email. Follow the steps listed below in case you can’t use Roadrunner email on Outlook.
- Make sure you are using the latest and compatible version of outlook to load Roadrunner email.
- IMAP/ POP settings you are currently using to set up Roadrunner webmail on Outlook should be correct.
- The device on which you are using Outlook should have ample storage space to let MS Outlook work properly.
- Uninstall all such software like antivirus/ firewall that can stop outlook from fetching RR emails from the server.
The correct POP setting to run Roadrunner on Outlook is given below:
- Incoming Server hostname: pop-server.dc.rr.com (here “dc” represent state code)
- Incoming server port: 110
- SSL (Incoming Server Security): None
- Outgoing server hostname: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
- Outgoing server port: 25
- Sign-in requirement: yes
How to Reset Roadrunner password? (Common for all devices)
Forgetting the Roadrunner password is quite common among the users. No matter which device you are using you can follow the steps given below to retrieve Roadrunner email password.
- First of all, you need to visit the official Roadrunner login page i.e. https://webmail.roadrunner.com/
- On this page, you need to click on the “Forget your Password?” link that will appear just below the login window. Alternatively, you can directly open the Spectrum Roadrunner password reset tool by clicking on the following link :- https://pt.rr.com/
- Then, you have to enter your correct Roadrunner email address.
- After that, you need to verify your identity by entering your Cable modem ID (this ID is same as your MAC address).
- Set a security question so that you don’t have to enter Cable mode ID next time you reset Roadrunner password.
- Then, you just need to provide a new password for your Roadrunner email account.
- Roadrunner email password recovery will complete as soon as you submit the new password.